Preparing for an AMGA SPI Assessment
The below information is to ensure you are prepared for your course. Please review each section thoroughly.
- Register with BRMG via phone, email, or online and pay 50% course deposit.
- Ensure you are a current professional member of the AMGA. If you are not, register here.
- Download/Print your confirmation email with logistics, the program handbook, and this page.
- Submit your assessment resume via email prior to the program start. download.
- Expect further communications from BRMG via email or phone.
- You are a current member of the AMGA.
- You have successfully completed an AMGA Single Pitch Instructor Course.
- You have led a minimum of 40 traditional routes, most of which should be 5.6 and on a variety of rock types.
- You are able to comfortably lead 5.6 traditional routes, which means you place protection.
- You are able to comfortably climb 5.8 on top rope.
- The SPI Assessment can be taken directly following the SPI Course if the candidate successfully completed the course and meets the assessment prerequisites. However, it is highly recommended that the SPI Course candidate take time practicing and consolidating the skills learned on the course before assessment (6-12 months).
- You do not need First Aid training to take the course or assessment. However, it is your responsibility to hold appropriate medical certification for the location that you are working in.
Please feel free to get in contact if you have questions. We look forward to working with you on the assessment.